Latest news on Palestine…
1) Banksy raises £2.2 million for a Palestinian hospital in Bethlehem but the BBC prefer to refer to it as a Hospital in Bethlehem, rather than actually use the words ‘Palestinian Hospital’. I guess by doing that they would be recognising Palestine actually exists and the fact that Banksy chose to support a Palestinian cause.
2) Palestine Chronicle reports Israeli settlers scrawled graffiti declaring “this land is for the Jews” and “siege to the Arabs” on the walls of an Al-Bireh Mosque before setting it on fire.
3) A Turkish news agency reports that the Israeli authorities have turned 15 mosques into Jewish synagogues, a further 17 into barns, bars, restaurants or museums and another 40 were either destroyed, closed, or abandoned.
4) Swedish activist, Benjamin Ladraa, is cycling 2,000 kilometers (1,242 miles) to raise funds for prosthetic legs, rehabilitation and mental health care for 3,000 Palestinian children who have lost limbs due to Israeli attacks. Ladraa was joined on the 33 day journey, that starting on July 20th, by a team of 12 cyclists, including people from Chile, Romania, Palestine as well as other Swedes.
5) Israeli authorities have confiscated and levelled acres of Palestinian farm land in the northern occupied West Bank in order to extend sewage lines for an illegal Israeli settlement.
6) Israeli forces carried out a late night raid on Monday and stole a 1500-year-old Christian relic from Palestinian authorities in Bethlehem. Palestinian leader, legislator, activist, and scholar, Dr Hanan Ashrawi, said this was a “typical” move by the Israeli occupation and accused Israel of stealing Palestinian land & resources, plundering its archeological and historical sites, appropriating Palestine’s cultural heritage and seeking to eradicate all evidence of Palestinian identity & continuity in their ancestral homeland. This, she said, was nothing less than “a settler-colonial attempt at erasing evidence of the indigenous.”