Latest news on Palestine…
- On Thursday, the Israeli authorities sent in the bulldozers to demolish al-Araqib, a Palestinian Bedouin village. This is the 177th time they levelled the village over the last 2 decades, despite the fact the village have had the deeds to the lands since 1905.
- Israeli settlers grab more Palestinian land as they continue to expand an illegal settlement outpost in Abu al-Qandol area in the northern Jordan Valley. The settler tactic appears to be to set up caravans on Palestinian land and then start to fence off the occupied area.
- Israeli authorities force 2 more Palestinian families to demolish their own homes in occupied East Jerusalem.
- Israeli authorities sent in bulldozers under military escort to level eight makeshift structures in the Bedouin community of Wadi al-Seeq last Tuesday and then returned today to survey in preparation for further demolitions. Wadi al-Seeq is located close to an Israeli settlement road that Israel wants to extend so they’re simply bulldozing anything that gets in their way, including Palestinian communities who’ve been there for decades.
- An Israeli settler deliberately rammed his vehicle into a herd of 50 sheep, owned by a Palestinian farmer, near the illegal Israeli settlement of Maon. A number of sheep were killed and many others suffered injuries.
- On Friday, speaking at a virtual event organised by the Jerusalem Post, US Senator Kamala Harris, the Democratic nominee for vice president, told Jewish donors that the Democrats “will not tie security assistance to Israel to any political decisions that Israel makes”, effectively assuring them that Israel’s human rights record would not be considered an obstacle.
- There’s been a spate of settlers’ attacks against Palestinian civilians and property in the Nablus area over recent days. On Thursday, Jewish settlers sneaked into the village of Asira al-Qibiliya, near the town of Nablus, at night time, torched a car and spray painted racist graffiti on local property calling for the ethnic cleansing of Arabs.