The Good Law project is a not-for-profit campaign organisation that uses the law to protect the interests of the public and relies entirely on peoples donations. They challenge abuses of power, exploitation, inequality, and injustice. Here are just some of the cases they’ve taken on over the last year, as listed in the Good Law Project Annual Report…
1) Brought legal proceedings against the government’s use of outdated energy policy that favours fossil fuel developments.
2) Brought legal proceedings against the government to force them to make provisions for school kids without laptops during lockdown.
3) Brought legal proceedings against the government to force them to initiate a public inquiry into why frontline workers didn’t have adequate PPE
4) Brought legal proceedings against the government after they awarded a huge PPE contract to a ‘pest control specialist’ without proper competition or a fair tendering process.
5) Brought legal proceedings against the government over the A-level algorithm fiasco.
6) Issued judicial review proceedings against the government over their award of top public sector jobs to people with personal and political connections to the government.
The Good Law Project have sent a pre-action protocol letter to Government initiating legal proceedings and have instructed leading procurement lawyers Jason Coppel QC and Rupert Paines and Bindmans LLP. Please CLICK HERE if you’d like to donate to their legal fund.
Spotlight is 100% independent. Our content is free for all to read and share and we also prefer to stay advert free. If you appreciate this content then please consider supporting Spotlight by subscribing or making a one off donation. You can take out a monthly subscription for as little as £1 a month or you can make a one-off donation if you prefer.